If you're a dentist operating without a practice Web site, you could be losing thousands of dollars each year in production. The Internet provides you with a valuable opportunity to tell patients what you can do for them and acquire new appointment requests? So, why is Internet dental marketing so valuable? I'm glad you asked!
Why Internet Dental Practice Marketing Works
1. Currently, 75 percent of all families earning in excess of $50,000 annually in urban and suburban markets are linked to the Internet and actively use email.
2. On average, 20 percent of the population moves each year, and they don't take their dentists with them. These people are looking for new dentists, and have been trained to "let their fingers do the walking." Historically they used the Yellow Pages, but now they're turning to their computer keyboards.
3. People looking for a specific dental expertise, e.g., cosmetic, implant, sedation, etc., want more detailed information about these procedures and their potential doctors. Your Internet marketing campaigns gives you the opportunity to communicate beyond the static, one-dimensional level of your yellow page ad, office brochure or signage.
4. The Generations "X" and "Y" people, between the ages of 20 and 35, who represent the family dental business today, have been raised on computers and media advertising. Compared to older generations, they are less affected by personal referral and more affected by professional marketing (too much time watching MTV!).
5. Most importantly, over 67 percent of people who use the Internet use it to find the information necessary to make healthcare decisions.